Monday, January 14, 2008

The Bones - Straight Flush Ghetto
(Liquor And Poker Music)
(REVIEW BY DAVE GETZOFF)

I first found out about this band when I heard the songs "Do You Wanna..." and "Not a Lovesong" on a recent Liquor and Poker Music CD sampler. Both of these songs were great! I thought to myself, "If the rest of the album is as good as these two songs, I have something to look forward to." I picked up the 16-song CD recently, and I have been listening to it constantly. Yes indeed, the whole album is as good as those songs I heard on the comp. In fact, this release is a high energy, exciting, punk rock 'n' roll blast from beginning to end. The band seems to have a Social Distortion influence (who are one of my longtime favorite bands), although they do not directly rip them off like a lot of bands do. This band adds their own style to the music, with a strong rockin' sound mixed with a lot of melody as well. This is a great album to wake up to. <>
--- Dave Getzoff March 30, 2006

(Originally Posted on Now Wave Webzine on March 30, 2006)

No comments: