Monday, January 14, 2008

The Ratchets - Glory Bound
Photobucket
(Pirates Press Records)
(REIVIEW BY DAVE GETZOFF)

The Ratchets' debut album isn't just good - it's phenomenal. The album features ten reggae influenced '77 style punk rock anthems. Glory Bound was released last year, and I would say it's definitely in my top five albums of the past two years. I get the same feeling listening to this album as I did hearing The Clash and Stiff Little Fingers for the first time many years ago. A great album all the way through with great mid-tempo catchy songs that really grab me. My former 70-something year-old landlord, who played music for many years, once told me that you know you're listening to a good band when you can hear all the instruments distinctively. The Ratchets are that kind of band. A standout band definitely worth checking out.
Dave Getzoff July 9, 2007

(originally posted on Now Wave Webzine on July 9, 2007)

No comments: